If you haven’t heard of the Dog Shame group on Facebook, it’s hilarious. I contributed Bailey to it today when I came back from a meeting with Derek I found her in my office with the remnants of my candy bar (and yes, it was chocolate).
frog, I thought that chocolate was toxic to dogs and cats, might be a good idea to check with a vet to make sure.
Chocolate is indeed highly toxic to dogs.
He looks really sorry in that pic.
Nope, sorry is head down, looking up, or head on the floor looking up. That's clearly 'hey, you left it there dummy".
EDIT: Some good examples for those that dont speak doggy
and he, is a she
Clearly Bailey isn't a dog...
Hopefully Bailey-5 will be smarter than Bailey-4 apparently was...
All the dogs we have had through the years had managed to get a candy bar on occasion. Especially if you have grandchildren hahaha, you just do your best. None of my dogs exhibited any adverse effects so I would just watch till something else is warranted. I agree with Myfist0 ... if you think that look is much more than a thank you, then keep your camera handy because you are in for many more laughs. We cannot teach dogs much about being dogs, but them creatures have a body language that puts most humans to shame.
I had a Doberman (classic one) and although you wouldn't want to come in the house 'unannounced', she was a great dog who placidly tolerated my son when he was young as well as any bean bag would have. With no help from me, she learned to get in our big picture window conveniently located next to the front door and perform her self appointed duty. Picture the most vicious dogs you have ever seen and combine them into one 75 pound dobby and you get the picture, immediate family excluded. But my friends and much more importantly her friends could just walk in and it was all nub wiggling and kisses. Nobody in their right mind would dare enter without full body amour ... but she was so sweet hahaha.
Chocolate toxicity in dogs is a matter of dose. Don't recall what the 'LD50' is but a small amount won't usually do much harm.
Bakers chocolate!Because of its concentration.Small amounts can be harmful.Is what i learned from my vet. Not a snickers though.
She for sure has that look of, well you left that here for me, right?
As long as it was Milk chocolate, one candy bar isn't going to kill her.
Dark chocolate is the deadly one, make sure to keep it out of reach of any animal.
Fifth time is the charm!
Seriously this video in a nut shell- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZjQwHJFJY
Our Dogs have eaten whole bars plural on Christmas... as long as that schoki isn’t the 80% stuff don’t worry it’s not healthy but your buddy won’t die from it as CarGuy said. Our family members work together and they seem to be pretty smart... An example: we keep all the fast^snacks & stuff chocolate/candy/milk on a shelf ( we kept it there for a long time until we found out that the pack works as a team) our smart old cat ( that is unable to break things like a milk tetra pack or chips/snack packs and so on throws the stuff down from the shelf to the dogs the dogs then open the stuff and the cat eats with them / yes they eat together. We always thought how in the hell did they reach the stuff on the shelf until we´ve caught the cat.
I had a 88lb rottweiler who was mosly placcid and playful.... except!
We could see out but nobody outside could see in during the day [shadecloth insect screens]. Anyway, Nelson was trained to never go past the front doorstep, not that hawkers and canvassers knew that, so when they approached the door I'd go, in a gruff voice: "Hey Nelse, who's at the door? Who's at the door?" and he'd turn up on the doorstep growling and visciously snarling at whoever was unfortunate to be there. He was my tool against religious canvassers and door-to-door salesmen trying to sell me crap I didn't want.
I think that the toxticty of chocolate to dogs and cats gets over played to make pepole take it serously. The sciance couminity does that a lot.